Monday, August 27, 2012

Sacred Oil of Dionysus

In the quiet of sacred space, before the altar of Dionysus, did I craft this intoxicating blend. With my Lady Hestia observing to the side, I had already quieted my mind and spirit in Her presence. The tarot had been spread and for the third day I had once again been reminded of protection all around me, having drawn the same card speaking this to my spirit.
Rather than lighting my white working candle, as is typical for my workings, I chose to light a lovely purple candle charged with purification for this time of crafting. Standing now before the altar dedicated to this god of liberation and ecstasy, I raise my hands and welcome His presence. I pour libation into the chalice and present it as an offering to the Lord Dionysus, the wild god being twice born. As I began to blend a sacred oil, I infuse my intention into the vial. For this will be an anointing oil to bless my lord. My heart is filled with a prayer that this blend be pleasing to Him.
It seemed only fitting to start with grapeseed oil as a base for this blend. For He is the lord of the vine. Adding oil of cinnamon to bring a little spice, I recognize how "spicy" he can make our lives! A touch of frankincense and myrrh, sweet smelling to the gods. I add a bit of damiana and patchouli, invoking the lustful passion of the wild one. A sprig of pine needles added, in remembrance of His sacred thyrsus. Lastly I add five seeds of a juicy red apple, symbolizing the fruitfulness of the masculine divine.
After the vial is blended in a sunwise motion, I anoint myself and honor the lord Dionysus. Taking up the libation, I receive his essence unto myself and partake of a drink. Leaving a bit on the altar, I am pleased with my fellowship with the divine. Over the next several weeks, the oil will begin to take in the essence of the sacred herbs, and I anticipate this blend will be used frequently for anointing. The smell is sexy, masculine, and refreshing. As is the god for whom it is dedicated.
Much love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment